Sunday, November 9, 2008

My second Love..

I never like putting in something regarding something I love, for public display. But still, just to have it as a part of my page, let me put in a few words about my second love. It’s a DELL XPS 1530. Her persona includes 4GB of RAM with an Intel Core-2 Duo 2.4GHz processor having 250GB of space and a NVIDIA 8600 graphics card.



Choosing her was tough. I was confused changing attributes every hour. After a lot, I settled for three configurations for a start. Google days and nights followed with me sneaking into forums in between my work. The hardest part to decide was how long I wanted it to be there for me. I had read somewhere that 2GB works wonders. I read somewhere that NVIDIA 8400 rocks. I read somewhere that 2.1 GHz of processing is cool. Initially, I had a mix of all these in my mind. But I made a mistake I guess…..i took time. But as love is blind and nothing really matters and everything has to fall in place, I went in for a grade more in almost every section that mattered when it comes to computers. What followed is out here.





I might be crazy and might be behaving in an unsocial manner but movies and games, they rule my day. I thrive on them and they are my necessities of existence as my life becomes more and more parameterized. Friendship is something which is too much to ask for from anyone. Things have changed a lot since I landed up at Hyderabad. The city is special to me in its own way. I am self made. I believe in doing what I like and mistakes are something which I never repent for. I still think that given the same life, same people around, and same circumstances and with the same frame that I am, I will go on the same way all over again. I don’t have anything to repent for, till date. Hyderabad taught me what loneliness is. How it feels and what it takes to deal with it. I had to take refuge. Not that I didn’t had prior exposure to it, but that I was normal in my behavior when it came to computers. I had a desktop, but there was little that I could do with it. It started going bad and one day, it was time to let it go. I had it for five years with me. But as they say, and as I had already become a computer lover, my dependencies on movies and games became huge with time. Three movies and four hours of gaming on a holiday was all I looked up to after 5 days of work and boredom. And that’s how it all happened.




It was a Tuesday, I came back from work to find it right there in my bedroom. It was one of a kind of feeling. Maybe another four years or so, and it will be gone and I shall be looking out for another make, but still, first love is first love. Nothing ever replaces the same.

3 comments:

Priya_rose said...

Talking of second love, ur blog here will be very controversial with regards to your sexual orientation.
Here's y:-
Recently, a group of computer scientists (all males) announced that laptops should also be referred to as being female. Their reasons for drawing this conclusion follow: Five reasons to believe laptops are female:No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.The native language they use to communicate with other laptops is incomprehensible to everyone else.The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as, "If you don't know why I'm mad at you, then I'm certainly not going to tell you."Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
However, another group of computer scientists (all female) think that laptops should be referred to as if they were male. Their reasons follow: Five reasons to believe laptops are male:They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem.As soon as you commit to one you realise that, if you had waited a little longer, you could have obtained a better model.In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.
Looking at the way u call ur laptop ur first love, I'd be lead to believe its a female and the use of "she" is correct. But the ideas that u have on ur mind about getting a new one after 4 yrs, i am bound to belive its a male.

DEEPANJANA NAG said...

arey yaar...aansu aa gaye...bichad gaye janam janam ke sathi

hehe

well written n true

Amit said...

Well, i would say ki u r getting better day by day...but yaar i thought it was was u who started this all but got everything cleared.....u know who....

I too miss all those crazy gaming and late night movie sessions....
But after 8 hours of rigorous coding, can't even think of looking into the computer again :(

well pal atleast u follow ur heart...